If I get around to posting the goals I drew-up last night, you’ll understand better why these were so significant to me. Either way I enjoy going back over my morning and creating a “done” list:
Today (and it’s just naptime) I
- Did an involved (messy, new) craft with the girls
- Had an extended reading time
Both while Elisha was still awake. (Both firsts.)
- directed (and enforced/followed-through) cleaning up after breakfast and each activity as it was finished, resulting in a slightly tidier house at naptime than at waking this morning.
- had some instrument practice-time
- helped Melody use the Baby Taylor
- Took pictures
- Elisha pulled up to his knees today. Is working at getting his feet under him.
- The girls working on their art projects
- Natasha mugging for the camera (These are going to have to be in the next batch we put on-line. They were amazing.) and washing the table.
Now everyone is down and I’ll be able to do a bit of reading before I clean up the front room some more. The bedrooms are still cluttered, but I expect we’ll get them some more after nap.
I figure part of the success is me shifting my whole focus to these things (I think lists are good for me sometimes), and part of it is Elisha reaching some magical age where he (his personality, whatever) clicks into the gears of what’s going on in our family, and he fits the workings. I am very encouraged.