April 6: Down to one row of rabbits! (Californians went to their new home today.) So thankful for the increased breathing room.
April 7: Melody cried, complained, delayed and “forgot” enough. She wanted a low-maintenance haircut, Jay gave her one before church.
April 8: Person of Interest is now my favorite show. On so many levels. I don’t gush, but if you asked me to, I could make a starter list below.
- Short list (since Becky asked), in no particular order (except #1 is #1)
- 1. huge value placed on the individual– every life is worth protecting, even when you don’t know who they are or what they contribute to society. They are human: one of us, and therefore worth protecting.
- The style of humor
- Nobody yells
- opportunities for “sexy” visuals are minimized or skipped completely (at least compared to the other shows I’ve seen).
- I just learned the actor who plays John Reese is a practicing Catholic who refused to do a bedroom scene in an earlier movie because of his beliefs. That’s big-points in my book, makes me glad I’m supporting his work.
- Smart writing
- Layered, multi-strand stories
- Things change almost every episode (i.e., no “Status quo is god” stuff. Even core characters appear to grow)
- core characters are established, then stretched (i.e., “the brain” and “the brawn” have to swap or at least share roles at times.
- “No one has to walk alone.”
April 9: (Me- shouting to be heard over the girls’ arguing:)
“Natasha and Melody! May I remind you that you will be living together for the next TEN. YEARS. You need to find a way to get along and communicate without yelling at one another.”
*Quiet conversation.* [Bless God.]
Also April 9: E [gasping in the midst of his story]: I barely got away. Had to kill them with my rubber band. They were *really* hard to kill.
April 10: Had my first business presentation tonight. Well-received, and good feedback from my TM mentor.
This is feeling more real by the day.
Next step might be to rework the UT site to be a more-fitting landing page for a business. (ETA: business website is now WritingHope.com instead of UT)
Surreal as well as real. I’m excited and getting into something I’m also good at.
April 13: Cleaned the girls’ room today– by putting each kid’s stuff on her bed.
Stuff always gets left on the floor b/c no one wants to take responsibility. Now that I’ve got the floor clear & vacuumed it’s pretty clear who needs to deal with what.
(Now to see if they finish the aways before bedtime.)
April 17: Anybody else– Okay, any other WOMEN– tired of the “modesty” talks females are repeatedly subjected to? Anybody think it’s time men had their turn? Please enjoy.
April 18: I love this. Especially the bit about finding something that gives you the energy to put the hours in– so true.
April 19: Melody got a new, pre-named toy.
M: Chalky [new toy] doesn’t make me feel ‘safe and cared for’ [the words in his description tag]. *You* make me feel ‘safe and cared for.'”
April 24: Woohoo! Jay got me the first season of Person of Interest for my Bday!
SO fun. Watched the fist two eps tonight.
Only downside is that J likes it too, now, so I can’t just binge my way through the season. :} Have to wait for him.
April 30: “Human beings are the only creatures who are allowed to fail. If an ant fails, it’s dead. But we’re allowed to learn from our mistakes and from our failures. And that’s how I learn, by falling flat on my face and picking myself up and starting all over again.”
? Madeleine L’Engle